Procurement and Purchasing Officer (M/F)
We are looking for an experienced Procurement & purchasing officer to join our procurement team.
Under the supervision of our procurement manager, this supply chain professional will ensure the full spectrum of purchasing process including supplier selection and management, price negotiation, purchase order execution, timely delivery, quality control and compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
Procurement & purchasing officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Perform all activities to manage relationships with suppliers including detecting new one, interviewing, pre-qualifying, visiting supplier plants and distribution centers, explaining organization rules and conditions for ordering and delivery, negotiation of quality, price, delivery time and payment condition.
- Build long-term relationships with vendors in all sector of activities needed in the organization.
- Ensure bid analysis is always done including TCA comparison.
- Ensure negotiation with vendors to reduce costs and to secure advantageous terms.
- Organize the regular communication with vendors and transporter to ensure that the product arrives in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate the work with custom clearance agent.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with critical suppliers.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly procurement reports.
- Organize and perform benchmarking between supplier as well as a
- permanent performance analysis of existing suppliers.
- Coordinate deliveries and optimize transport costs.
- Make the daily and weekly report to Procurement Manager.
- Liaise with transporters and suppliers to solve any operational issue related to delivery of goods.
Reporting and base
The Procurement Officer is responding to Procurement Manager.
He/She will be based in Beira.
Proven working experience as a procurement officer.
Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a deep understanding of the national and regional market.
Talent in negotiations and networking.
Aptitude in working with numbers.
Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
In-depth knowledge of contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
Excellent customer service skills.
BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration or similar relevant fields.
Certifications: Primavera certification is an advantage and any Microsoft Office suite certificate is an advantage.
5+ years experience in procurement or purchasing.
Experience in customs clearance is also an advantage.
Multilingual Portuguese and English is an advantage.
Knowledge of Primavera and office extension represents an advantage.
Advanced Xcel practice is preferable.
The candidate must be a skilled negotiator who knows its way around a purchasing agreement. He/She needs strong capacity to negotiate with potential vendors and suppliers to create a mutually beneficial agreement.
Communication & Organization
Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
Problem solver with a strong analytical mindset.
Away from being very analytical, he/she must be used to pay close attention to details even while working with large amounts of data.
Market related salary, will vary according to candidate effective experience
Please contact [email protected]