"Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer" - Anonymous
When adventure awaits, it’s best to be prepared. We’re experts in travelling to Gorongosa, so here's a list of some of the things we recommend you bring on your trip:
When selecting your safari wardrobe, keep in mind the following: light clothing, neutral colors and protection from sun and mosquitoes. Neutral colors are important to blend into the bush and not to attract the tsetse fly. Avoid wearing blue or black clothes as those colors attract tsetse flies.
- Light clothing (shorts, t-shirts) for warm afternoons
- Warm clothing (long sleeved shirts, sweatshirts, pants) for cool evenings
- Hiking boots and long socks
- Camera / Video Camera
- Water bottle
- Guide books & animal checklists
Travel & Medical Supplies
- Passport & Visa
- Additional piece of identification, such as driver’s license
- Photocopy of passport & visa kept in a separate place
- Vaccination records
- Travel Insurance
- TSA approved luggage locks
- Plug adapters
- Anti-malarial medication
- Other medications (e.g. prescriptions)
- Insect repellant*
*Recommendations for insect repellant:
- The most effective insect repellant is DEET and repellant with 10% is sufficient.
- Repellants with the active ingredient IR3535 is effective for mosquitoes but won't protect against biting flies.
- Permethrin impregnated clothing and bed nets are also very effective.
Be sure to check your airline’s luggage allowances before you pack. And keep in mind that there may be different allowances for international and domestic flights. We recommend that you lock your luggage with a TSA approved lock.
In Mozambique you will need a 2-pronged European plug adapter (Type C or Type F):