When you visit Gorongosa National Park, you are directly helping to protect the park and support the livelihoods of local people.
Daily Conservation Fee
The daily conservation fee that visitors pay is used to employ game scouts and support conservation programs that help protect the park’s wildlife, resources, and its visitors. Prices may be adjusted periodically due to variations in exchange rates.
|Senior (60 or older)||Free||$10 USD||$20 USD|
|Adults (18 - 59 yrs)||100 MT||$10 USD||$20 USD|
|Children (10-17 yrs)||50 MT||$5 USD||$10 USD|
|Children (less than 10 yrs)||Free||Free||Free|
* Nationals are citizens of Mozambique.
**SADC Residents are residents of the following countries with a valid ID: Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
*** In 2016, for the safety of our guests, we do not permit self-drive safaris. We do have Guided Safaris in open vehicles available departing from Chitengo Camp / Montebelo Gorongosa Lodge and Safari
|FROM||RATE (per person/per journey)|
|EN1 Turnoff||$15 USD|
|Park Entrance Gate||$15 USD|
- The transfer rates may vary depending on the petrol
- The dollar prices may be subject to change due to exchange variations
- Minimum of 2 people for all transfers
- Air transfers subject to consult
|Activity||Rate - $USD/€Euros|
|Guided Game Drives||$35/€32 per person*|
|Canoe Safari||$50/€47 per hour ($100 min)|
|Walking Safari||$50 /€47 per person|
|Visit to Vinho Community||$14/€12 per person|
*Ask about special rates for children (10-17 years old)
|Accommodation Type||Rate - $USD|
|Premium Villa (2 rooms, maximum 4 people)||$285 USD|
|Premium Bungalow - Single Occupancy||$132 USD|
|Premium Bungalow - Double Occupancy||$157 USD|
|Standard Villas (2 rooms, maximum 4 people)||$262 USD|
|Standard Bungalow - Single Occupancy||$103 USD|
|Standard Bungalow - Double Occupancy||$127 USD|
|Garden Room - Single Occupancy||
|Garden Room - Double Occupancy||$107 USD|
|Equipped Tent - Single Occupancy||$50 USD|
|Equipped Tent - Double Occupancy||$70 USD|
|Camping & Caravan (per person/per day)||$12 USD|
|Food Supplements||Rate - $USD|
|Half Board (per person)||$27 USD|
|Full Board (per person)||$50 USD|
- All accommodation costs include breakfast except camping and caravanning.
- Prices are subject to change. US Dollar amounts are subject to exchange variations.
- Prices are per room, per night.
- 20% discount for Mozambican citizens with identification card upon reservation.
- Prices are for individual reservations. Prices for groups vary on a case-by-case basis.
- Prices are not applicable to special events.
- Campers must supply their own tents. Only the “equipped tents” are supplied by the lodge.
- Children under 12 years old stay free on an extra bed, sharing the room with their parents (maximum 1 child).
- The lodge offers transfers from Beira and Chimoio at your advanced request.
- Reservations will be confirmed upon receipt of the total payment, or upon credit card deposit for the first night’s charge.
- Reservations that were secured by credit card deposit have to be paid in full upon check-in.
- Unconfirmed reservations may be cancelled without prior notice.
- There will be a full refund for cancellation up to 24 hours before the arrival date.
- The first night of the stay will be charged for a cancellation made less than 24 hours before the arrival date.
- The first night of the stay will be charged for no-shows.
- No refund is given for an early departure of one night.
- If you depart early and you give more than 24 hours notice, you won’t be charged for the nights you don’t stay.
- If you depart early but you give less than 24 hours notice, you will be charged for the nights you don’t stay.